Mental Health Therapist and Contract Specialist/IT AssistantBear River Mental Health Services, Inc.
Contract Specialist/IT Assistant
Position Description:Primary duties may include, but not be limited to:
1. Submission, payment posting, and follow-up on all 3rd party and contract billings, including insurance claims to various insurance companies and encounter data to Medicaid.
2. Updates Center Medicaid eligibility data daily.
3. Produces various Monthly Medicaid reports or other 3rd party or client payment related reports.
4. Maintains client accounts, including the preparation and distribution of monthly statements by the 5th of each month, answering client billing inquiries, payment posting, and inpatient and subcontractor billing entry.
5. Maintains current information regarding procedures, regulations, and other details pertaining to client funding sources, including functioning as a liaison with coordination and communication between those entities and staff of the Center.
6. Assist with IT functions under the direction of the Information Systems Manager and Business Manager.
7. Other duties as assigned. Additional Duties: Completing up-to-date quality time sheet records with appropriate and accurate activity codes by 30 minutes past closing of the next business day, from the date the hours were worked, into the Center's automated clinical records system. Obtain approval from immediate supervisor on any and all leave taken. Attending supervision appointments and team and organization meetings as scheduled. Maintaining an automated schedule, reflecting the FTE availability within Center hours, in order to be consistently available to Center staff and clients. Attending trainings within and outside of the Center for job development.
Other skills, abilities, and expectations:
●Experience with third party claims and accounts receivable software.
●Knowledge of confidentiality and ability to maintain strict compliance with confidentiality of all client and Center sensitive information.
●Effective oral and written communication skills.
●Knowledge of the principles and practices of office organization and efficiency.
●Teaming skills for effective and cooperative interoffice relations.
●Computer literacy and skills for operation of automated medical records, email, scheduling, etc.
●Timeliness with schedule including whereabouts, arrival to work, and attendance at meetings.
●Positive attitude related to job expectations, supervision, Center policies and procedures, etc.
●Ability to behave ethically and to understand and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients, staff, and the general public.
●Conduct expected tasks in a safe manner, uphold Center safety policies, and report perceived safety issues to appropriate sources.
●Flexible hours to meet client and Center needs.
Mental Health Therapist
Position Description: Assessment and diagnosing for treatment planning and risk assessment; Individual, group, and family therapy to improve the client's emotional and mental adjustment and social functioning; Individual and group behavioral management, including stress management, relaxation techniques, assertiveness training, conflict resolution, and behavior modification; Completion of mental status, competency, and sanity examinations; Division of Health Care Finance evaluation and form completions (M-20 and Form 1); Consultation and education services under contract; and limited individual or group skills development. Participate, as assigned, in daily crisis rotation services.
Coordinate, assess, link, and/or monitor through face to face, telephone, or written communication with the client, or applicable family member or service agency staff, with direct involvement in providing or assuring the client obtains necessary access to community services.
Provide case consultation to colleagues and/or consultation and education services, not under contract, in the community. Complete up-to-date quality service documentation by 30 minutes past closing of the next business day from the date of service, in the Center's automated clinical records system. Obtain approval from immediate supervisor on all leave taken. Attend supervision appointments and team and organization meetings as scheduled. Maintain an automated schedule, reflecting the FTE availability within Center hours, in order to be consistently available to Center staff and clients. Prepare materials for individual and group meetings. Attend trainings within and outside of the Center for job development. When assigned, supervise staff who are seeking clinical licensure, which includes case reviews, case documentation, oversight of clinical treatment, ethical standards and practices, maintaining supervision records, etc.
Bear River Mental Health Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers.