Residential AideBear River Mental Health Services, Inc.
Bear River Mental Health Services, Inc.
Position Description To work in a group home for the chronically mentally ill.
• Oversee and provide a positive environment for group home residents. Help clients retain/enhance appropriate living skills.
• Verify medication compliance for clients receiving prepackaged medications.
• Provide skill development for age appropriate interpersonal daily living skills.
• Supervise clients at the level required for successful placement.
• Monitor client compliance with personal hygiene-including clean-up when necessary. Assist clients with daily chores.
• Generate and maintain quality records as required.
• Attend supervision appointments and staff meetings as scheduled.
• Computer literacy for operation of automated medical records system.
• Knowledge of confidentiality and ability to maintain strict compliance of all client information.
• Ability to serve individuals with mental illness.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to exercise individual judgment and to take appropriate action in emergencies.
• Timely and punctual.
• Positive attitude relative to job expectations, supervision, and center policies/procedures.
• Conduct tasks in a safe manner, uphold center safety policies and report safety issues to appropriate sources.