Licensed Substance Abuse Specialist / LADC
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of community resources/agencies.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and the ability to learn new programs.
- Ability to utilize an Electronic Health Record system.
- Knowledge of clients' behavioral dynamics.
- Knowledge related to treatment of client population including evidence based practices.
- Client advocacy skills and ability to establish viable working relationships with appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to safely transport clients in the community.
- Ability to perform medication administration in accordance with the Massachusetts MAP Program.
- Ability to respond effectively to crisis.
- Ability to provide rehabilitative interventions that support person-centered and recovery-oriented practice.
- Certification as an addictions counselor (i.e., LADC I)
- Master’s degree in a related field (Psychology, Social Work, etc.) preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a mental health-related treatment program.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 discretionary days a year
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gándara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.