Advertising Sales ManagerHj Help Wanted Ads
Advertising Sales Manager
Adams Publishing Group
10K Daily Circulation
The Herald Journal in Logan, UT is seeking an Advertising Sales Manager to lead sales efforts. Cache Valley Publishing includes the Herald Journal and 3 nearby weekly newspapers and is part of the Adams Publishing Group based in Minnesota. Serving Cache Valley for more than 100 years, the Herald Journal is the premier source for news and advertising content in Cache, Box Elder, Franklin, and Bear Lake Counties.
In addition to the Herald Journal print products, this role will also be responsible for all digital products plus sales into the HJ Extra. The ideal candidate will have a proven management track record. Understanding of the digital advertising space is mandatory. Experience in events management is a plus.
This position reports to the General Manager and is accountable to the Cache Valley Publishing Budget:
- Works with the GM to direct all print and digital advertising sales and marketing functions. Builds, leads and coaches 7 sales and creative staff to sell total audience for print, digital and specialty publications.
- Defines critical steps and manages the implementation of marketing objectives defined by the General Manager.
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate, and develop energetic, creative and committed sales staff.
- Manage key advertising accounts and lead the team by example
- Accompany sales reps on client appointments, coach, and help them to close sales
- Works effectively with GM, Operating Committee, and other key departments to develop and implement new or expanded products to achieve the audience and revenue targets articulated by the planning process.
- Effectively work with established accounts in assigned territory to ensure their advertising dollars are maximized. Prospect, interview and close new accounts with sales staff
- Meet monthly sales revenue goals
- Maintain detailed and organized account details for others to access when necessary
- Attend appropriate community and business functions in order to develop sales opportunities and to promote a positive image of the newspaper
- Develop, write and present sales proposals
- Meet with advertisers on a regular basis to access results of advertising
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- True ability to lead and inspire others
- Possess strong selling ability
* Innovative, creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent customer service and follow through
- Interact successfully with others in a business setting
- Work collaboratively to meet customer needs
- Experience selling print advertising
- Three plus years of sales / sales management experience
- Understanding and use of marketing research in proposals
- Bachelor's degree